South Shore Personal Injury Attorneys
South Shore Personal Injury Lawyers and Business Litigators
At McGowan & Lavin, we focus on the following areas of practice for residents of Norwell, Quincy and the surrounding area:
- Auto and trucking accidents — Following a motor vehicle crash caused by a negligent driver of a car or truck, you need immediate and aggressive representation from an experienced attorney. Founder Owen McGowan brings insight as an insurance defense attorney who knows how the other side negotiates and litigates personal injury claims.
- Medical malpractice — At McGowan & Lavin, we hold medical professionals accountable when they violate the most basic standards of care. Owen McGowan’s experience in this complex aspect of personal injury law includes representing both doctors and patients and serving as a lawyer member of Middlesex County medical malpractice tribunals.
- Premises liability — When selecting an attorney who can determine if you have a valid slip and fall claim, you need an advocate who has handled both sides of negotiation and litigation. Building a case brings challenges and obstacles that we can overcome on your behalf.
- Dog bites and injuries to children — Many laws protect children because they simply cannot protect themselves. Serious injuries to a child require an aggressive response and pursuit of justice. Injuries may be permanent and impact a child’s future.
- Burn injuries — Recuperation for serious and painful burn injuries is length, requiring our attorneys to employ creative strategies to find every source of recovery possible. Simply put, we strive to uncover the coverage.
- Insurance disputes — Coverage disputes between an insurer and the insured can be complex. You need an attorney who has experience on both sides of negotiations and litigation.
- Business litigation — Disputes between businesses can take various forms, including breaches of contracts and mechanic’s liens. Far too much is at stake to retain a lawyer who is quick to settle. We pride ourselves as litigators who do not shy away from the courtroom.
- Real estate litigation — Purchasing property or a home is the biggest investment you may make in your life. You need to protect that investment with the help of an attorney who can uncover the coverage.
- Real estate transactions — Our practice of handling transactions encompasses a variety of areas that other law firms do not provide. Founder Owen McGowan is a licensed real estate and title agent for First American Title.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced Massachusetts lawyer, please contact us by e-mail or by calling 781-261-9977.