The practice of catastrophic injury law involves claims for severe and life-changing injuries caused by negligence. Catastrophic injuries are often permanent and may include spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, paralysis, severe burns or loss of a limb, among other conditions. Catastrophic injuries may prevent an individual from returning to work and enjoying many aspects of their life.
In such cases, not only does a victim of a catastrophic injury suffer, often indefinitely, but those close to them also suffer. The ongoing physical, emotional, and financial strain of catastrophic injuries can dramatically impact the victim and family members, who now have to alter their lives as a result.
If someone in your family has suffered a catastrophic injury, consult an experienced personal injury lawyer, one who has experience investigating negligence in injury cases and negotiating financial settlements that adequately provide for the victim and family’s financial losses and future.
McGowan & Associates offers families a free legal consultation to learn your rights. Contact our office at 781-261-9977 or use our contact form.
Our Experience in Catastrophic Injury Cases
Accidents or acts of negligence that result in catastrophic injury may lead to an injury claim. At McGowan & Associates, we have extensive experience in cases involving serious personal injuries, including:
- Burn Injuries
- Crush Injuries
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Hearing or Sight Impairment
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Organ Damage
- Paralysis, Paraplegia and Quadriplegia
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Other Permanent, Physical Injuries
These injuries can occur in various ways, including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents
- Tractor-trailer and Trucking Crashes
- Alcohol-Related Incidents
- Dog Bites, Animal Bites, Accidents and Encounters
- Construction Accidents
- Workplace and Industrial Accidents
- Dangerous Conditions On Public or Private Property
- Environmental/Toxic Exposure
- Medical malpractice, Medical Mistakes and Infections
- Premises Liability Accidents
- Product Defects and Failures
- Recreational Activities
- Violent Acts
Our South Shore lawyers work closely with our clients, and their families to understand their needs – and then aggressively investigate and seek full compensation on their behalf. In cases involving catastrophic injuries, we often work with a life care planner. This professional can identify all of the medical care and services needed by the victim over the remainder of his or her life. Then our lawyers seek full and complete compensation to cover this care and their personal and financial losses. Under Massachusetts law, compensation may cover:
- Medical Expenses for surgeries, rehabilitation, or permanent use of a medical device or medication as a result of your injury.
- Loss of Income for claims that require compensation for lost wages.
- Loss of Quality of Life/Emotional Damage are damages the pain and suffering and emotional distress
Contact McGowan & Associates – South Shore Personal Injury Lawyers
For decades, South Shore residents and families have trusted McGowan & Associates to protect their rights in personal injury cases.
When a person or company is negligent and causes catastrophic injuries, they may attempt to avoid paying the victim and family fair compensation. They may even approach a family in the days after the accident, offering low compensation before the victim hires a lawyer. This can greatly add to your family’s pain and suffering.
Because the stakes are so high after catastrophic injuries, we urge you to hire a lawyer immediately. We urge you not to speak to anyone about your injuries, including the responsible party or insurance companies, without retaining your own lawyer.
McGowan & Associates offers a free legal consultation for victims of catastrophic injuries. Please contact our office at 781-261-9977 or use are contact form.